Birmingham-based live art initiative Home For Waifs And Strays are on the look out for emerging and early career artists/performers/creative practitioners from across the West Midlands making or wanting to make work that is live and innovative. Supported by Jerwood Charitable Trust and Arts Council England, they have devised a new artist development programme designed to develop and showcase some of the amazing talent that the West Midlands has to offer.
Each artist selected will:
• Spend four months developing new work
• Receive mentoring from some of the most innovative and exciting live artists currently working in the UK.
• Have access to rehearsal space in Birmingham.
• Receive support from the Directors of Home For Waifs And Strays.
• Attend talks on making, documenting, producing and funding from experts in these fields.
• Perform your work in development across four venues in the UK.
• Receive £100 for each performance (£400 total) plus documentation of your work.
More information on the programme can be found here. Apply by noon, Friday 22 April 2016.