Digbeth comes alive on the first Friday of each month with exhibitions, late-night openings, special events, culture in unexpected spaces, live music, street food and more.
Here’s what’s happening this evening:
- FOODlab at Vivid Projects, 7-9pm For one night only Kaye Winwood, in collaboration with chef Chris Hughes, will be creating FOODlab, a pop-up food laboratory at Vivid Projects in response to sci art exhibition Silent Signal.
- The Cobalt Blue Show at The Bond, 6-9pm A selection of work from some of the members of The Cobalt Blue Group. Featuring work from Zarina Keyani, Alexi K, Steve Evans, Jeannie Brown, Kay Bainbridge, Paul Hirst, Wayne Attwood, Stephen Earl Rogers.
- First Friday Frolics with Artists on the Edge, 8-11pm Come along to The Edge for a chilled out evening of food, drink & music. Cabaret includes Shokunin, Tin Can Choir, Seb Hau-Walker and a special skype guest.
- Performance as Publishing at Eastside Projects, 7-8.30pm, Take One / Take Two / Take Three is a broadcast project by Performance as Publishing hosted at Eastside Projects and broadcast by This is Tomorrow. This is the second of three events.
- Pop-up Performers Café at Digbeth Community Garden, 5-8pm. The Real Junk Food Project and Naked Lungs have combined to create an evening of food, words, music and drinking. Pay as you feel.
- Flatpack Festival at Digbeth First Friday, Centrala, 6pm, 7pm & 8pm rolling programme. “We’ve carefully selected some of the best shorts from this years programme to whet your appetite for Flatpack’s Birmingham take-over later in April. Given the date, there will be an emphasis on the daft / funny side of the lineup.”
- True or False at Stryx, 6-8.30pm. Investigating notions of intentional creation or accidental genius, Alekx Wojtulewicz invites you to determine which of his performances are which.