These Digbeth First Fridays don’t ‘arf come round quickly. March is already upon us and the evening of the 6th sees Digbeth once again come alive with all sorts of happenings:
- Rather than queuing half an hour for a piece of meat in a bun on the other side of Digbeth, why not visit the lovely Digbeth Community Garden (right next to the Warehouse Cafe) where The Real Junkfood Project will be holding a pay as you feel pop-up cafe. They use food that would otherwise have been discarded to make delicious meals and snacks.
- A3 Project Space opens its doors for the first time this year and invites you out of the cold and grey into a realm of flaming fiesta with an evening of celebration, food, drinks and dance – ¡Olé!
- To accompany Mat Jenner’s current exhibition at Grand Union, Patrick Goddard will perform No Ironic Tip of the Hat to Class-Consciousness Can Save Us Now! A work illustrating the conflict between stultifying self criticism and an often naïve political commitment.
- One night only exhibition A Twenty Four Hour Witch Hunt at the Custard Factory.
- An evening of performances from musicians and sound artists at Home for Waifs and Strays.
There will also be exhibition openings at Centrala and Eastside Projects.