As ever there are a handful of talented Birmingham based artists who are heading up to Edinburgh to perform at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Here are a few:
- Stan’s Café with The Cardinals: Three cardinals in a puppet theatre tell their biblical history of the world
- Comedy JQ – James Cook, The Lovely Men and Benny Boot
- Resident improv group at the Old Joint Stock Theatre, Foghorn Improv present ‘Bespoke Comedy for the Discerning Family‘
- The Birmingham Footnotes Comedy Society “high energy, almost absurd and delightfully daft sketches”
- University of Birmingham’s Fringe Theatre Society are sending The Morning After Season – performing Wuthering Heights and a rare Tenessee Williams one act in rotation
- ARTE – Birmingham Medics’ Performing Arts Society with ‘Beyond Therapy‘
- 3Bugs Fringe Theatre Society are taking three productions, performing at the Secret Garden.
- Untied Artists with ‘For Their Own Good‘, a moving and darkly comic theatre
- Tin Box Theatre are heading up there with their ‘Pint Dreams‘
- Babakas international theatre group based in Birmingham are performing ‘Our Fathers‘
- Sketch comedy group The Lovely Men (James Cook, Jonathan Lee, Andy Richardson & Dan Smith)
- Diva Gigs: A week in the life of a diva – high opera, story telling and humourous songs
- The Watch This Improv Troupe, performing Improvabunga – ‘Some Sort of Improv Show!’
- Jon Pearson and Jonny Greatrex will be broadcasting their first Edinburgh Fringe Festival experience through a daily podcast.
- 2Faced Dance Company, Rosie Kay Dance Company, Spiltmilk, and Aakash Odedra are all performing and DanceXchange will be covering them on West Midlands Dance
- The one and only Barbara Nice will be there as Mrs Nice, as well as hosting and headlining at Funny Women Pop up Fringe.
If we have missed any (which we are likely to have) then let us know in the comments and we’ll add them to the list.