Spotted this week, bookmarked for one reason or another:
- “We have no arts/culture participants on our next CommonPurpose Birmingham course, first time ever = if interested DM, reduced fee available” @LouiseTeboul
- Writing West Midlands short fiction competition is open for entries.
- Our Birmingham, the Birmingham of our forefathers, and the Birmingham of our grandsons. Scans from a 1943 book published by Cadbury Brothers Ltd, Bournville, Birmingham.
- Hare and Hounds under threat “It has come to our attention that an application for planning permission to build a flat behind the Hare and Hounds has been submitted to Birmingham City Council. If granted it could pose a real threat to us continuing to host the live music and club nights we have become famous for.”
- Castle Galleries have an Emma Grzonkowski appearance on Saturday 8 December at the Mailbox gallery. Seven Deadly Sins is her latest collection of figurative works, exploring the infinite complexity of the human condition.
- Matt & Pete’s Photoschool have another night photography walk coming up on the 17th December (I’ll be on this one, hurrah!)