Birmingham’s premier graffiti artist versus illustrator battle ‘Secret Walls‘ has been making a comeback in recent months, with the Rainbow in Digbeth playing host to a series of live drawing sessions between some of the cities most well known sketchers. The artists are given a large canvas and 90 minutes to give it their best, a winner is then chosen to go through to the next round in the tournament.
Here are the official Secret Walls rules:
- 90 minutes on the battle clock
- Only black SW special markers and black acrylic paint can be used as battle weapons
- No pencils / sketches should be on stage or used as reference
- Each artist has to stay within the allocated space, if they creep over then there will be a 1 point deduction
- Battles are judged by 2 nominated and neutral guest judges + crowd vote (3 point system) (using a decibel reader)
- Hosted on giant white walls
This Sunday 5th August will be the third Quater Final, between illustrator Kristain Jones and graffiti artist Lisk Bot. Both have been featured on this blog on several occasions for their outstanding and prolific work, but it’ll be interesting to see how they duel it out. Things kick off at the Rainbow from 7pm and check out the Facebook event for more information.