A couple of theatre festivals for your consideration – one kicking off this week and the other taking place in early July.
Capital Theatre Festival
This one kicks off this week, running from 24-27 May, The festival’s director, Catherine Edwards, has sent me this quick summary of what’s on:
- A play about vampires that’s nothing like Twilight
- A chance to chat about theatre over several pots of tea
- On Call sessions with the Arts Council and BE Festival about artistic development
- A play in the upstairs toilets
- Input from Stan’s Cafe, Birmingham Rep, Soho Theatre, 24:7 Festival, Theatre 503, Ovalhouse, RSC
- A Polarbear that’s not a bear at all
- An Olympic extravaganza from Talking Birds
- A journey from the Tyne Bridge to the Isle of Scilly
BE Festival 2012
The third (I think) incarnation of this festival, which presents performances from companies drawn from all over Europe, has just announced it’s programme for this year. This one’s happening the first week of July.