- What’s good in Brum? :: Loaf Online
“Two days in a row this week I was asked for recommendations for food things happening in Birmingham […] Here’s my response”
- Details of new Birmingham food festival unveiled
On the subject of food – “The 10-day celebration of food will take place from October 14-23 and replaces the former Taste of Birmingham festival, which was held in the summer”
- Muthers Studio – New Venue on Rea Street | Digbeth is Good
“The opening of the Conservatory @ Muthers was celebrated last Friday with an inaugural gig headlined by Evil Alien, who did a stonking set to a pretty much full house”. Recording studio and now music venue
- I’m a Celebrity Get me to a Birmingham City Council Event
An FOI request shows how much the council has spent on celebrity speakers since 2005. I’m pleased to say that the only one of these that I saw was also the most expensive. Getting value for my council tax, there.
- A very funny Englishman in New York
John Oliver, that fella from The Daily Show, is from Birmingham. A star on Broad St surely beckons.
- Claire Hartley – Inkygoodness Character Totem Home-coming
“On Thursday I excitedly popped down to the new Zellig building (nr Custard Factory) for the launch of Inkygoodness Character Totem home-coming”
- Video Cuts – Sky Arts At Birmingham Home Of Metal
A long trailer/short feature about the exhibition