Another Birmingham institution makes it into double figures this month – Brilliantly Birmingham, the international contemporary jewellery festival, is celebrating its first decade from 21 November to 28 February.
There’ll be two exhibitions at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery:
- FLUX, the annual selling show which attracts international entries from new and emerging designers, and
- A 10th Anniversary Retrospective featuring the work of seven designers whose work has headlined previous festivals (including Mikaela Lyons, a recent MA graduate from BCU’s School of Jewellery)
The programme will also include:
- Paradigma, an international exchange between Birmingham School of Jewellery (BCU) and the Escola Massana, Barcelona
- A series of professional development seminars sponsored by Business Link and the Assay Office, which is also running a special open day for the public
- ‘Walks in the Quarter’ and Open Workshops
- Exhibitions by individual designer makers such as James Newman and Sara Preisler and a collaboration with Birmingham City University’s New Generation Arts 2010
More info on the Brilliantly Birmingham website.