I’m still getting up to speed on what’s happening around town but thought it’d make sense to go through some of the main sources of arts/culture/ents info out there. Next up: listings websites. There are loads of em and theoretically they should all have the same information on them. Here’s the ones I know of:
- All Brum / Art Brum / Live Brum – there’s a whole family of these sites now, all feeding into All Brum which tends to be my first port of call if I’m at a loose end. Stuffed with nice features too.
- Birmingham Alive
- Birmingham City Council
- Birmingham Gig Guide
- Birmingham Listings
- MyVillage – they’ve gone for a social network flavour but
- Scene Central – Audiences Central’s offering with a West Mids-wide scope
- Skiddle – as you might expect from Skiddle there’s a greater number of club nights than on many other sites but there’s a fair amount of other stuff too
- Visit Birmingham – the official tourist information visitor website
- What’s On In Brum
NB – The following aren’t really listings, just good sources of info:
There’s also Russ L‘s monthly ‘Lots Of Things To See And Do In The West Midlands’ series which tends to feature theatre, gigs, the main festivals and boxing/mixed martial arts (NB – don’t try and submit stuff to him or you’ll find yourself excluded). The 7 Inch Cinema newsletter is always stuffed with interesting local events too – sign up for that on the 7 Inch website.
Have I missed anything decent from that list? What do you tend to use?