- First Light Movies: Win Hammer film posters here!
First Light’s blog has got off to a good start and now they’ve got a competition going. Have a look at one of the films they’ve funded and, by commenting on it, you can win yourself a poster
- stereographic Â» Plus+ 2008 – call for helpâ€¦
Can anyone help Stereographic out? They need:
(1) a mannequin â€“ full sized / male or female. (If by any chance anyone has a reflective mannequin that would be a mega bonus!)
(2) any â€˜discarded designâ€™ fellow designers / artists / companies have that they want to get rid of â€“ things like demo prints / failed pitch designs / overruns on brochures etc
- WOW: Hello, my name is Sarah :)
Sarah Carter is “a design student that loves branding and typography”. She’s been working on Baskerville: The Animated Movie and did some live drawing at Re-Sketch at The Rainbow. This is her blog
- Miss Halliwell make their back catalogue available for free download!
Little Chris spots that Miss Halliwell (not Geri) have put their two EPs up online for free
- Modulate says â€œHelloâ€ with digital technology
“some of our members have been working away in the background on one of the interactive installations, â€œField of Light â€, a project dreamed up by the PLUS team, who also devised â€™Illuminateâ€˜”
- Plus+: Booking Tickets NOW OPEN
Â£40 (25 conc) for four days, Â£15 (10 conc) for one. Get em while they’re hot.
- Anthony J Hughes on arts funding
Interesting piece – “Funding as a concept and the funding and economic redevelopment projects aimed at supporting â€˜creative industriesâ€™ has actually become a system supporting government â€˜interventionâ€™ and policy”
- stitches and hos October
The 8th meeting of the “monthly knitting hootenanny” at the Hare & Hounds is on Tues 28 October