I went to the full dress rehearsal of Birmingham Opera Company’s King Idomeneo on Sunday night and loved it. What’s not to like about an abandoned factory stuffed with shipping containers, opera singers, dirt and orange trees?
Anyway, I have two tickets for tonight’s proper opening show to give away to the first person who shouts up for them in the comments.
Here are some guidelines:
- No-one associated with CiB (that includes Creative Republic types) can claim the tickets
- First to claim the tickets in the comments wins
- But feel free to stake a claim after the first post, just in case (see below)
- I need to give your real name to the ticket-giving people.Â If you post under a pseudonym then remember to use a real email address.Â If I you don’t reply to a confirmatory email quick enough and/or I think you’re messing about I’ll work my way down the list of commenters
- Tickets are to be collected on the door no later than 6.30pm today, 12 August 2008 – don’t claim them if you can’t make it (it sounds obvious but…)
- My decision on anything and everything is final
If whoever goes would be good enough to blog about the show or send me a review to post on CiB that’d be great.Â Not essential or anything but it’d be nice.
If you don’t win the tickets then maybe consider buying one and going along anyway.Â You’re not likely to get the chance to see anything like this for a while.
Finally, the Birmingham Post’s photographer was there on Sunday so you can see some pics to get an idea of what it was all about.Â There’s more info in my last post about it and on the Birmingham Opera Company website.