The Birmingham Post Power 50 (tremble at their might!) has just been announced.Â With last year’s list having an impressive showing from the arts world, interest at CiB could almost have been described as ‘mild’.
Ok, so it’s easy to be cynical about these things (and it’s open season on the Birmingham Post site – all the winners’ profiles are commentable), but there’s little sense in detracting from the recognition given to the following folks who work hard on the city’s arts & culture scene.
So, from CiB (hating the game, not the playa since 2007) hearty congrats go to:
- 26. Amajit Talwar, Punch
- 29. Graham Vick, Birmingham Opera Company
- 30. Soweto Kinch, Musician
- 35. Mark Ball, Royal Shakespeare Company and Fierce!
- 39. Sarah Gee, Indigo
- 43. Sandra Hall, Friction Arts
- 49. Stuart Griffiths, Birmingham Hippodrome
While I’m at it, the Birmingham meeja luminaries who would like to thank their friends, family, deity of choice, etc and so on are:
- 7. Sir Michael Lyons, BBC Trust
- 14. Jon Bounds, Blogger
- 15. Suzie Norton, Screen West Midlands
- 20. Steve Dyson, Birmingham Mail
- 28. Ian Squires, ITV
- 31. Jonnie Turpie, Maverick TV
- 41. Gurjeet Kaur Bains, The Sikh Times
The big list of movers and shakers is on the Birmingham Post website which, like I say, they’ve made an effort to do all nice so you can comment on how brilliant and deserving everyone is.
But feel free to vent your spleen in the comments here if you feel the need.