Ikon at Perrotts

perrotts_folly.jpgStarting in April the Ikon embark on another of their off-site projects with German artist Jürgen Partenheimer taking over Perrott’s Folly.

The 96ft mock-gothic tower in Edgbaston was built in 1758 as an elaborate hunting lodge for the entertainment of the landowner, John Perrott’s wealthy friends. Perrott’s Folly has been closed to the public for many years, and this will be the first opportunity to climb the spectacular tower and see paintings and sculpture by Partenheimer installed on each floor. This project forms part of Ikon’s offsite programme which develops the relationship between art, artists and audiences outside the gallery, challenging expectations of where art can be seen and by whom.

Partenheimer also has an exhibition at the Ikon itself, Discontinuity, Paradox & Precision, running from April 2nd to May 8th.

One Comment

  1. maire

    TT The very first CD produced by “CLARET” Folk and Roots Band was named after Perrott’s Folly its a super CD. regards Maire

Comments are closed.