Some quick links to stuff of interest.
- James Thornett may we have invented Clingfilm Photography.
- Antonio Gould was chatting with the owners of The Rainbow where they’re apparently going to have weekly film nights when the refit is complete in April.
- The Magnetic Four are looking for a new drummer.
- Film Birmingham has a brief history section with biographies of local heroes Michael Balcon, Oscar Deutsch (of ODEON fame) and Victor Saville.
- If you weren’t already aware, The Arts Council is holding an online debate as part of their first-ever public inquiry. This is a chance for “everyone to have their say about how they value the arts and what they think about public funding” before it’s all taken away to pay for the Olympics. I jest. Or do I?
- Cut’n’paste in lieu of a link: “Flat-pack Marketing Planning for the Arts is a one day course, developed by Audiences Central to help and enable participants to produce a marketing plan for their event, project or organisation. The course will be lead by Caroline Griffin, Programme Director, of Audiences Central, who will guide attendees through the key elements within marketing planning. The course will be held at the Wolverhampton Arena on Wednesday 25th April 2007, 10:00 until 17:00. For more information or to reserve a place email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 685 2620”
- The Culture West Midlands website is undergoing a review right now. As part of this they’re doing a brief survey where they want people to be as honest as possible. The survey is here.